Monday, September 1, 2008

My Letter to Subway

To Whom It May Concern:

After a long 12 hour shift at work my wife asked me to stop by Subway on the way home to get a couple of foot-long subs so that we wouldn't have to worry about taking time to make any food and could enjoy the evening and go to bed. I got to subway and waited while the only employee was busy trying to help customers as fast as she could. I told her that I wanted my sub on the Italian herbs and cheeses bread. She told me that they were out of that bread, so i asked for an alternative kind of bread. They were out of that bread. So I called my wife to ask her what she wanted and we finally settled on plain white bread, much to our disappointment. We continued to order our food as normal, and the employee tried her best to help me out. When we got down to the fresh toppings, I asked for tomatoes, only to find out that there were also no more tomatoes available.

So in the end, I had to wait longer than normal to get my sandwich on my third choice of bread with no tomatoes. By no standards the end of the world, but an annoyance nonetheless, and it seems like this is a problem that you should consider addressing, as I am not a little less inclined to stop by Subway after work. After all, the big draw to subway is the fact that I can get exactly the sandwich that I want at a good price and very quickly. If you start taking away these benefits, you risk losing customers.

No comments: