Thursday, September 4, 2008

I can help you with that I mean no I can't (National City)

Me and National City are foes. Foes so much to the point that I should probably just ditch them.

Now this particular instance was not as bad as how they routinely job me with overdraft charges that take me days to get reversed, but it was still annoying

======================
Hi,

I recently had a poor experience with a customer call center support technician and would like to pass it on to you, in the hopes that you will use it to improve your call center and keep my (and other customers') business.

I was viewing my accounts online (I like to periodically monitor them since even though I am supposedly signed up for balance threshold email alerts, I never seem to get them until my balance drops below zero and I get charged $34 overdraft charges). As I was viewing them, I noticed a pending check for $600. Since I don't remember writing a check for $600 (and neither did my wife), I called up National City to see if they could shed some light on what exactly this check was.

After going through the various options and getting to an agent, the conversation went a little something like this:

Me: Hi, I have a pending check for $600 and was wondering if you would be able to tell me what this check was for.
Her: Sure, I'd be happy to help you with that

She then verified my identity and the account and such.

Her: Yes, there is a check or checks that is pending for $600.
Me: Okay, can you tell me who they were written to or anything about them?
Her: No, I wouldn't be able to tell you anything about them until midnight tonight.
Me: (Confused since she earlier said she could) Okay, thanks

Now I understand if you have technical system limitations that prevent her or anyone from knowing this information yet, and I understand that she is probably just reading from a script when she said she could help me but I had already explained my problem - if she couldn't help me WHY DO YOU HAVE HER SAY THAT SHE CAN!?!?!?

It was very frustrating

Thank you for reading my report.

No comments: