Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Home Depot

So to start off my career posting at Complaints from Me, I thought I would totally mix things up.

#1 This is not a complaint
#2 It is not from "me" at least not from Braden who originally conceived of this blog.

I like to inform companies / stores when I receive bad service. This is in part to get people to improve their performance / service and in part for free stuff. When I tell people I know about this, many times they just write me off as a whining blowhard who is up to no good. So I thought I would share a note I just dashed off to Home Depot about some actual GOOD service.

============================

I would like to write to congratulate you on the excellent service that I received at your Pleasant Ridge store in Cincinnati, Ohio yesterday (9/1/2008). I wrote a few weeks ago to complain about some poor service so I felt that I should also write when I receive outstanding service.

I was at your store to buy a few things for some fall projects - towel rings, towel bar, a few toilet paper holders, and a 36x60 mirror for our bathroom. As I was loading the mirror into my car, it fell and broke. I was not sure what to do so I went with my son back into the store with the mirror. I was not sure if it could be exchanged or not.

I got to the customer service desk and asked what could be done. The lady at the desk said she would have to call for the return. Eventually she said it would be okay and to just go pick out a new mirror.

I was extremely grateful since I did not have another 60 dollars to buy a mirror and if she had not allowed me to exchange it I would have had to just go back home to my wife and family and explain how we would not be having a mirror on our bathroom wall.

I'm sure that she would have been within her rights to disallow the exchange and I would probably have accepted it, but it is actions like this that make me glad to return to shop at your store

Thank you for reading this

Dan Miller.

2 comments:

Braden said...

Hey Dan! Welcome on board, and your post is perfect. I hope to include some positive experiences on the blog as well and this is a great one to start with!

dan said...

Update - letter received