Thursday, September 17, 2009

Duke Energy

Hello,

I am writing to complain about your automatic Bill Pay service. EVERY SINGLE OTHER bill that I have to pay (that would be phone, cell phone, Internet, water, cable, credit cards, mortgages, etc) allows you to a) sign up online and b) pay your bill for free.

You offer neither. You have a form that has to be printed out and faxed / mailed out, and your service charges a monthly fee. True, it is only 30 cents per month but literally EVERY other company I pay has no such fee. Why would you want to discourage people from paying you automatically? It just doesn't make sense.

I understand that you contract with another company (Billpayer 2000) but every single other company has managed to figure it out so I don't know why you guys are any different.

I am very disappointed.

1 comment:

dan said...

Duke responded very quickly and we were able to get it all straightened out.

Apparently there WAS a way to set it up to auto pay through Duke, so we did that, and canceled the Bill Payer 2000 service, and we should now be good to go.