Saturday, September 19, 2009

Dear Humana

This is an email that I sent to Humana. I just wanted them to know that I think their customer service stinks. I have as little hope of them responding to this letter as I did to them taking care of any of these bills in a timely manner.


I would just like to say that I am extremely unsatisfied with the service that I have received from Humana. When my son was born on _________, my husband added him to our insurance policy. Humana did not add my son to our policy until January 1,_________. This led to a pile of bills between those dates that were not our responsibility to pay. My husband and myself have been on the phone dozens of times with the hospital and with Humana, trying to sort out these various bills. Over and over again, all Humana has to say is to tell my hospital to resubmit the bills. And over and over again the bills were not paid. It took months for most of these bills to ever get resolved, during which we continued to get bills in the mail saying we were late with payment. This alone is completely embarrassing because those bills were not my responsibility. In the end, it seems all of those bills were paid except one. Yesterday I received a letter from a collections agency. I felt like I was punched in the stomach. I am an honest person and I pay my debts. I feel infuriated to have a collections agency after me for money that is not my responsibility to pay. It all makes me completely sick to my stomach. I feel hopeless when dealing with your company. Each time I call to try to resolve these bills I feel like your people are running me in circles. I feel like no one really cares and that no one really wants to help. Your customer service is a joke. I loathe your company. But I feel like I am stuck because my family needs health insurance. It seems I shall have to continue to "deal with the devil" so to speak.

(I edited this from the original, removing the dates in question.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Contact your States Insurance Commissioner and file a complaint with them. I don't know what state you are in, but Wisconsin gets on these fast. Tell Humana if they do not get this taken care of right away or you are going to file a complaint with yous states Department of Insurance. I own my own Insurance agency and that is what we have our insured do if they are not treated right. Hope this works for you.

bob said...

When I added my daughter this year they proceeded to remove my wife and then they tried to stick us with the $8000 bill. After one call to Luxottica's Insurance line it was cleared up. But what a pain for something that should be so simple.
-bob