Friday, May 1, 2009

Miami University triathlon

I wrote an email complaining about the lack of split times and general bad times at the Miami University triathlon that I did a week or so ago. You can read my race report over on my blog.

Anyways, HFP Racing, who kind of runs the race, responded.



Dan,
Thank you for your constructive comments, and of course we will always take the time to read letters from our participants. We take feedback very seriously and grow and learn from it. I have forwarded some of your comments to Miami U. organizers as they are more applicable to their realm of responsibility.
I would like to offer you 50% one of our Wheelie Fun Series events as consolation for the loss of split times. Let me know if you would like to select one and I will give you a 50% off discount code.


I responded - Thanks for your reply. I looked at the Wheelie Fun races and unfortunately, all of them are on Sundays and I don't race on Sundays. I would be interested possibly in a 50% discount code for the 2010 Miami race. I understand you might not have those set up yet but if it works for you, I could just forward this email on to you when you have them set up in a few months and if I plan on racing it


And got a response. Notice me not making fun of her Big 10 grammatical error :-)

Hi Dan,
I hope you're week has been productive. I contacted the Miami University Race Director and requested a 50% off discount for you to race next year. I respect your choice to not race on Sunday's and have struggled with that issue myself. In any case, Mr. Marcechko said that he would be fine with providing you the discount to compensate for problems you experienced on race day. He has reviewed your constructive criticisms as well.
Thanks, and have a wonderful weekend.


So I got that going for me, which is nice.

No comments: