Friday, May 1, 2009

Hamilton County Auditor

While I'm in a posting mood - another one I did a few days ago to Hamilton County Auditor Dusty Rhodes


Mr. Rhodes,

I would like to register my disappointment at your recent site change which eliminates the ability to go directly to the property search page. I noticed this a few weeks ago but hoped that it was just a temporary glitch that would resolve itself. I see now from your blog that it was an intentional (and likely permanent) change.

This is extremely frustrating to me. I don't know if it was done for some sort of technical reasons or if it was an attempt to force people into going to the main auditor's page (or something else entirely), but it is something that is very frustrating for me. I've long been very pleased with the service that you have provided and have commented on it to my friends and neighbors. So I felt it was only fair to share with you my disappointment at this latest decision

Thank you for your time in reading this

Response -

Thanks for your e-mail and candid comments. I’m glad our website has been helpful to you over the years.



The change was made because we often have important information on the main page which needs to be known by citizens and people working with our office. Bypassing the main page means people had to make an extra call or e-mail to us for information that was there – but they didn’t see it.



Additionally, some agencies and companies were using our information and presenting it as their own. I’m sorry for the inconvenience but we think it is important that users know where the data is really coming from.



----Dusty Rhodes----


So basically, too bad Dan, you lose. Oh well. Maybe I'll vote him out of office!!! :-)

No comments: