Saturday, February 26, 2011

Silverton Midas

I am writing to express my displeasure with recent service at the Silverton Midas on Montgomery Road. I've been going to this Midas for several years now. I really enjoyed the work of one of the previous general managers, Don Saul. But unfortunately it seems that Midas likes to keep moving their folks around, as he left, then came back, then left again.

I took my van in for an oil change recently. When I came to pick it up, the manager showed me some things that he wanted to repair, costing over $1000. That in and of itself is not a problem - I expect that and it's fine. But when I explained that I did not have time to have him do those right now, I got "the look". If you've spent much time with folks who don't know much about cars, you know "the look" I'm talking about. The one that says "you are a complete idiot".

Then when I showed the things to one of my more car-knowledgeable friends, he scoffed at the recommendations of the Midas man, saying that while there might be a small leak of oil, a much better solution is to just put a quart of oil in again occasionally, and it would be fine. Let's see, a couple of bucks every month or two, or over $1000? The choice was obvious to me.

Ever since Mr. Saul left, I had been meaning to explore other car care centers, and this incident pushed me over the edge. Although this incident happened a few weeks ago, I only now remembered to write you about it, on my way from getting my other car's oil changed (at Meineke)

Thank you for your time

No comments: