Monday, August 4, 2008

My letter to Arco

My gas tank was riding the "E" line today. I have been busy the last several days and hadn't noticed that it was so low. I made a straight line for the nearest gas station that I could find to fill it up. It happened to be an Arco. You probably know that Arco doesn't have a great reputation for quality gasoline, so I wont stress that, but at this point I just wanted to throw a couple of gallons in the tank to stay afloat. I pulled up to the station and opened the tank. I took out my debit card and entered it in the computer.

"Arco will charge a service fee for this transaction" came back the computer's reply.

Well, guess what? There was a 76 station just a mile down the road, and I was willing to risk the distance. They had no problem accepting my business.

I'm afraid Arco is now off the list of gas stations I will shop at.

I hope you enjoy your service charges from those willing to pay them.

No comments: