Thursday, November 11, 2010

Middletown Library

I am writing to complain about the complex and completely unnecessary qualifications for selecting a library PIN.

Shouldn't *I*, the account holder, be responsible for what kind of PIN I want?

Do you REALLY think that there are tons of people out there that are just DYING to hack into someone's library account and reserve or checkout books on it??!?! Seriously?

Cmon people throw me a bone here! It is highly frustrating that not only do I have to request a PIN reset every time I want to do something at the library because I can't possibly even remember the overly complex PIN I was required to submit, but then it takes me 3 times to even put a new one in (which I have already forgotten and it's only been 10 minutes). First it's not long enough, then it's not "secure" enough. Sheesh.

=====
I probably shouldn't have written that while I was still angry about it but I sent it anyways :-). Note too the correct usage of PIN instead of PIN "number"

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about.