Friday, November 14, 2008

A Letter to XM Radio

This was a letter that I sent to XM Radio regarding the format change from the old channel called POTUS 08 that was devoted to the presidential elections.  I understood that some changes would be needed after the election was over, but, as you will read, certainly don't like the way that they are going.


What happened to my POTUS?  It went from being the first and usually the last destination on my XM dial to being just another talk channel.  What's up with having commercials?  What happened to commercial free in the land of the free?  Where did the good programs go.  At least you still have the Press Pool, but please tell me you aren't seriously going to keep Pete Dominic around.  Please.  I can accept that everybody will have a little bias and a little bent to their opinions, but this guy is so far left he makes Obama look plain conservative.  I have listened to his show a few times this week (how can I help it, it is always on!) and I have heard him insult just about everything that I stand for.  I have heard him tell a man who was abstinent from sex due to religious preference that he was dumb and should "get laid", I heard him say that God doesn't exist, I heard one of his callers swear several times in the course of an anti-American (the caller was from Canada) rant and not get censored or at least reprimanded, and on and on.  And even if I agreed with his politics, this guy is so full of how great he is and how novel his talk show is that he feels that he needs to tell us.  Every 5 minutes.

I can't be the only POTUS listener who is sorely disappointed in the direction that this channel is taking.  I don't need a whole slew of hosts who espouse my views (I don't really like most of the right wing shows anyway) but I just want what you had set up before - a channel where I could listen and get facts and even occasional opinions that were non-insulting and fair and interesting.

For many months POTUS 08 has been the biggest factor keeping me subscribed.  If it keeps in this direction then I'll just go back to land-based radio because if I want blowhards I can get them anywhere.

Sincerely,

A disgruntled listener

No comments: