Friday, July 30, 2010

Qfact

Despite the fact that the market research emails from you (though I realize they are automated) say

"If you qualify, you will receive a very brief phone call from Qfact, at which time we may confirm some additional information with you, and then hopefully invite you to participate in the study. "

and

"THIS “NEW PROCESS” WILL ALLOW US TO MINIMIZE THE NUMBER OF TIMES YOU RECEIVE A PHONE CALL FROM US.AND WHEN WE DO CALL YOU, THE CALL WILL BE MUCH SHORTER!"

Whenever I'm called from QFact, they proceed to ask me the same questions I just filled out online? It's extremely frustrating and nearly enough to make me want to resign my panel membership!!!

I just filled out an email survey about bathroom faucets. I apparently pre-qualified and was called by someone today, who took 15 minutes to ask me, WORD FOR WORD!, exactly the same questions I had emailed. No additional questions - just exactly the same ones I had emailed in last night. I got to the end, only to be told that ooh sorry I didn't qualify.

What is the point of that? Do you think people will lie online and so the phone call is to confirm it? Wouldn't they just lie again on the phone?

Help me understand!